Employ Agile Development
Our Japanese colleagues mischievously assert that innovation is expensive and risky !
Toyota shows us an interesting way of quickly reinventing its products ; approximately 15 months are required to develop a new model – half the time of most of their competitors. Creativity is part of it, the hybrid for instance.
Like them you certainly want your development to :
- Rapidly be available to the customers
- Be redesigned* quickly following the first VOC* feedback
- Continuously evolve in quality to stay ahead and,
- be cost-effective- of course !
You know that the answer is Agile Development. You know that to differentiate and survive, companies :
- Who offer a product must also develop associated quality services
- Who offer services must rethink their offer based on the changes driven by new entrants into the market – new entrants like, Amazon, Aramisauto.com, Monalbumphoto, … And Booking.com (which records as many hotels bookings as Accor group) change the competitive landscape.
- Start-ups have an additional challenge. They must have mature offers – MVP’s* – in order to challenge the existing competitors by proposing what was previously considered « impossible ».
In brief, Agile Development is not only key for your existing process development, but also to challenge existing products in the market.
*Redesign: is the cost-effective evolution of the product throughout its lifespan
*VOC : Voice Of the Customer
*MVP : Minimum Viable Product